I think this is a recurring theme for the past few years but sometimes I think it gets lost by the wayside when life gets busy or complicated. But that’s possibly when it’s more important than ever to live by this mantra. So I’m putting it out here where I can easily see it . I intend to be intentional.
This may be something you relate to, but for me, the past couple of years feel like they happened to me as opposed to me orchestrating them. Now, don’t get me wrong, there were some events I aimed for and achieved, which I’m very proud of. Because, as I said, living with intention is something I’ve done for a few years or so now. And yes, I’m fully aware we’ve lived through a pandemic that was unsettling, scary and did I mention unsettling?
But even so, with the uncertainty a pandemic brought, there were things within our control. So I am re-centering. Not because it’s January and I’m jumping on the new year new me bandwagon, but because it’s a new day. And every new day is a chance to start anew.
- I will be intentional with my time
- I will be intentional with who I spend my time with
- I will be intentional with what I put in my body
- I will be intentional with the way I treat my body
- I will be intentional with the words I use to describe myself
- I will be intentional with the words I use to describe my children
- I will be intentional with my money
- I will be intentional with the ways in which I spend my money
- I will be intentional with saving my money
- I will be intentional with the ways in which I make my money
- I will be intentional about the clothes I wear
- I will be intentional about the products I purchase
- I will be intentional about the books I read
Because we only live once and I want to make the most of it.
By being conscious in our actions and not letting life lead you along we have control over our lives.
Because we all deserve happiness.